Brandon Roy to miss next two games
Roy had an MRI exam and team doctors determined there is no immediate need for surgery. He will be evaluated again next week.
A three-time All-Star, Roy left the Blazers' game at New Orleans last Saturday with a pronounced limp after playing 22 minutes.
Roy, who leads the team with 18.1 points per game, had expressed concern about his knees after playing significant minutes early in the season.
The Blazers host the Denver Nuggets on Thursday and Utah on Saturday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Portland Trail Blazers Pennant