Yao Ming out at least 2 more weeks
The 7-foot-6 Yao hurt his ankle in Houston's 98-91 loss to the Washington Wizards on Nov. 10. The Rockets were already limiting the injury-prone center's minutes to 24 per game as Yao comes back from offseason foot surgery.
Team doctor Tom Clanton said in a statement from the Rockets on Friday that Yao's left foot is "completely healed and the structural integrity of the foot is intact."
Yao has averaged 10.2 points and 5.4 rebounds in five games this season. The Rockets (3-8) play in Toronto on Friday night.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- D'Antoni on Gasol complaints: 'Play harder'
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Rodman returning to North Korea as coach
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets Dwight Howard #12 Gametime White T-Shirt