Allen Iverson scores 2 in league debut
ANKARA, Turkey -- Allen Iverson scored two points in his Turkish league debut for Besiktas Cola Turka in a 74-67 defeat to defending champion Fenerbahce Ulker on Sunday.
Iverson missed three shots in the first quarter and was taken off with less than a minute left. He returned at the beginning of the second half, but did not score until late in the third. He then returned to the bench for the rest of the game.
Besiktas trailed 40-35 at half time and rallied to tie the score 53-all going into the fourth quarter, but Fenerbahce regained control to maintain its perfect league record.
It was Besiktas' second loss in a week after a 94-91 defeat to Hemofarm Stada in the European Cup on Tuesday, when Iverson scored 15 points on his debut with the team.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Philadelphia 76ers Pub Table