Hamed Haddadi charged with assault
Memphis police were called Thursday morning to a downtown apartment building and found Haddadi, a backup center from Iran, and his girlfriend with bruises and scratches.
The arrest report says a verbal disagreement turned physical, and both Haddadi and Goolnaz "Asal" Karbalaeinematmoeeney were taken to the Regional Medical Center for treatment.
Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace said in a statement that the team is aware of the incident and withheld comment while they gathered facts.
Haddadi has played in only four of the Grizzlies' first 15 games.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: LeBron, Heat meet; no decision yet
- Melo continues to mull options, agent says
- Parsons signs $45M offer sheet with Mavs
- Popovich, Spurs reach multiyear extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Memphis Grizzlies Dart Cabinet