David Lee returns to Warriors
Lee started for the Warriors on Saturday night against the Minnesota Timberwolves. Lee leads the team with 11.3 rebounds per game and is averaging 14.3 points.
The Warriors certainly were happy to see their big offseason acquisition back in the lineup. With Lee, Golden State got off to a surprising 6-2 start. But they are 1-7 without him and lost five in a row heading into the game against Minnesota.
Lee had surgery two days after he cut his elbow on New York forward Wilson Chandler's teeth. A portion of Chandler's tooth stayed in Lee's arm, causing a dangerous infection.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Williams, Pierce hope to return vs. Celtics
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Golden State Warriors Authentic Practice Blue Adjustable Hat