Mike Ilitch stays quiet on Pistons details
DETROIT -- Mike Ilitch is staying quiet about his quest to buy the Detroit Pistons.
Mike Ilitch also owns the Detroit Tigers.
NBA Commissioner David Stern said a couple months ago he was optimistic the sale of the Pistons would be completed soon and that something definitive would happen in November. Now, the deal is not expected to get done this year.
If Ilitch buys the Pistons, he will be the only person to own and control teams in Major League Baseball, the NBA and NHL. He wants to buy the Pistons to give him two teams that could help him build an arena in Detroit.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett taking rest day Friday at Philly
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Kids' Detroit Pistons Primary Logo Royal T-Shirt