Andray Blatche sits due to bruised hip
Coach Flip Saunders' leading scorer was replaced in the starting lineup by Yi Jianlian, who made his first start for his new team.
Blatche is averaging career bests of 17.1 points and 7.8 rebounds for the Wizards. He was hurt in Sunday's loss at Phoenix while scoring 24 points, and the resulting cramps and swelling kept him out of the lineup at Staples Center.
"He tried to stretch a little bit out here, but he just can't get up and down with it," Saunders said. "It affects you because he's one of our most intelligent guys up front. When you're playing the Lakers, it's important to have the intelligence to know coverages, especially defending so many concepts against their triangle offense."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- The Highland Mint Washington Wizards Verizon Center Signature Stadium Photo