Mario Elie arrested Thursday morning
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- An assistant coach with the Sacramento Kings has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving.
The California Highway Patrol says 47-year-old Mario Elie was taken into custody after an officer pulled him over for a broken taillight and that a breathalyzer test showed the first-year Kings coach had a blood-alcohol level above the legal limit of 0.08.
Elie was booked into Sacramento County Jail and released after posting bail. He apologized in a statement released by the team and said his blood alcohol level was slightly over the legal limit.
Elie played 11 seasons in the NBA, helping Houston win titles in 1994 and 1995.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Sacramento Kings Jimmer Fredette #7 Black Revolution 30 Swingman Basketball Jersey