Rudy Gay suspended for flagrant foul
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Grizzlies star Rudy Gay has been suspended one game without pay after a flagrant foul in the fourth quarter of a game against Houston.
Gay was ejected after being given a flagrant-2 foul with about six minutes left in the fourth quarter of the game Friday night. He knocked Luis Scola to the ground in the lane as Shane Battier sank a 3-pointer.
The Grizzlies trailed 94-74 at the time of his ejection and he led the team with 19 points.
NBA vice president Stu Jackson announced the suspension Saturday, and Gay was due to sit out the Grizzlies' game against the San Antonio Spurs.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett taking rest day Friday at Philly
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Memphis Grizzlies Franchise Navy Fitted Hat