Carmelo Anthony expected for Thursday
In a statement released through the team, Anthony said he appreciated "the outpouring of love and support" from his Denver family during this time. Anthony's sister Michelle Anthony died last week of a pre-existing medical condition in Baltimore. Her funeral was Monday.
Anthony didn't play Tuesday night in the Nuggets' 95-77 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. He is averaging 24 points and 8.3 rebounds, both team-highs.
Also, Nuggets forward Al Harrington is expected to sit out two games with a dislocated right thumb. He was injured in Sunday's loss to Philadelphia.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 Action Figure