Carmelo Anthony expected for Thursday
In a statement released through the team, Anthony said he appreciated "the outpouring of love and support" from his Denver family during this time. Anthony's sister Michelle Anthony died last week of a pre-existing medical condition in Baltimore. Her funeral was Monday.
Anthony didn't play Tuesday night in the Nuggets' 95-77 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. He is averaging 24 points and 8.3 rebounds, both team-highs.
Also, Nuggets forward Al Harrington is expected to sit out two games with a dislocated right thumb. He was injured in Sunday's loss to Philadelphia.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony #7 White Replica Jersey