Report: O.J. Mayo, Tony Allen scrap
According to the report, which cited unidentified sources, Mayo owed Allen money following the game and became increasingly angry toward Allen when asked to settle the debt. Several players eventually had to separate the teammates.
Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace acknowledged the altercation in an e-mailed statement but provided no details about what caused the skirmish. He said: "The club considers the matter closed and will not comment further."
Allen had 19 points in the Grizzlies' 110-105 victory over Oklahoma City on Tuesday night. Mayo missed the game with bronchitis.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Melo ahead of matchup vs. Bulls: No what-ifs
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bulls' Noah says he'll return to face Knicks
- Spurs to be without Parker, Leonard vs. Griz
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.