Hawks release Damien Wilkins
The 30-year-old Wilkins is the nephew of Hawks great Dominique Wilkins and the son of former NBA player Gerald Wilkins. He was signed Dec. 3 to provide depth after the team lost Joe Johnson to an elbow injury and was released Wednesday. He averaged 2.4 points in 13 games.
Wilkins played last season with Minnesota and was cut by Memphis in the preseason. He played with Seattle/Oklahoma City from 2004 to 2009 and has a career average of 7.2 points per game.
Wilkins played two seasons at North Carolina State before transferring to Georgia, where Dominique Wilkins was a star.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Biceps injury to sideline Cavs' Irving
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Atlanta Hawks Court Sign