Aaron Brooks sits with ankle injury
Brooks missed 21 games this season because of a sprain to the same ankle and re-injured it Monday in a loss to the Nuggets. He has played eight games since returning and the Rockets went 5-3 during that span.
Houston coach Rick Adelman says Brooks told him the ankle has been bothering him and that he tried to play through it but it became "too much" and "too sore" to go on.
Adelman went on to say Wednesday that he hopes a few days of rest will help Brooks recover.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Pacers get Granger back, but Rockets lose Lin
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett, Johnson out Friday vs. 76ers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Houston Rockets "The Go To" Red T-Shirt