Suns' Grant Hill ends 70-game streak
Suns coach Alvin Gentry said Tuesday before the game that if the decision was left up to Hill, the 38-year-old would play. But Gentry added that it's "best to sit him out tonight."
Without Hill, Phoenix was pounded by the Nuggets, falling 132-98 in Denver.
Hill, who has battled injuries throughout his career, said he will simply have to begin a new streak.
He is averaging 14.2 points and 4.8 rebounds this season. He's also 15 points from reaching 16,000 for his career.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Phoenix Suns Gametime Shooter Short Sleeve Black T-Shirt