Brandon Roy has surgery on both knees
There is no timetable for the three-time All-Star's return.
Roy has missed 18 games this season because of soreness in his knees, which he has said is caused by a lack of cartilage.
Roy is averaging 16.6 points in 23 games this season. For his career, the 2007 NBA Rookie of the Year is averaging 19.9 points and 4.9 assists.
Roy's surgery was performed Monday in Vancouver, Wash., by Dr. Don Roberts, a team physician.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Fan Mats Portland Trail Blazers Carpet Tiles