Kirk Hinrich will have MRI on elbow
Hinrich hyperextended the elbow in the fourth quarter of Friday's loss to Phoenix.
Coach Flip Saunders said the team will wait a day or two for the swelling to go down before Hinrich has the MRI, making it unlikely the veteran will play in Monday's game at New York.
"We're more concerned about ligaments in the elbow," Saunders said, "because of how it was hyperextended."
Shakur was playing with the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the D-League. He had previous 10-day stints with New Orleans and Oklahoma City but did not play in a regular season game with either game.
Saunders said Shakur would make his NBA debut against the Celtics, especially with the Wizards playing the second game of a back-to-back.
"We're hoping to give John some breathing room," Saunders said.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clippers roll by Nuggets for record 57th win
- Griffin, Redick won't travel for Clippers' finale
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Washington Wizards Gold and Color Mint Coin