Pistons' Richard Hamilton out with flu
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Pistons guard Richard Hamilton will miss Detroit's game against Denver with the flu.
Hamilton hasn't played in the previous eight games after being benched by coach John Kuester, and he wasn't expected to return to the rotation against the Nuggets.
Wednesday night's game, though, would have brought Hamilton and Nuggets guard Chauncey Billups back together. The pair helped the Pistons win the 2004 championship and would have been reunited in New Jersey had the three-team Carmelo Anthony trade gone through.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Sources: Sterling, Ballmer have 'friendly' talk
- Carter: LeBron wasn't pushed to Cavaliers
- Suns president expects PG Bledsoe to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Denver Nuggets Pepsi Center Signature Stadium Photo