Josh Smith to get MRI on knee
Smith is having an MRI on his right knee on Wednesday night. He hurt his knee in Tuesday night's loss at Denver and the team said he suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament.
The Hawks acquired Hinrich from Washington in a five-player trade last week as the team was playing seven straight road games.
Jason Collins is starting for Smith.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
- Westbrook, OKC get best of Beverley, Rockets
- Bynum's return gets Pacers back on track
- Sources: Nets to sign Collins for rest of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Atlanta Hawks climawarm Red 3-Stripe Pullover Hoodie