Dwight Howard suspended for 1 game
NEW YORK -- Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard has been suspended for one game without pay for picking up his 16th technical foul of the season. He will serve the suspension Monday when the Magic are home against Portland.
The penalty was announced Saturday by NBA executive Stu Jackson.
Howard leads the NBA in technicals this season. His latest one came with 1:41 left in the first half Friday night against Chicago. With the Bulls up 43-29, Howard came down with an offensive rebound and was hit on the top of his head by Kyle Korver.
Korver was whistled for a foul but took a swipe at the ball moments after the play. That prompted Howard to swing his elbows. The referee separated the players and also called a technical on Howard.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- C's, 76ers at forefront on Asik deadline day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Orlando Magic Primary Logo Royal T-Shirt