Aaron Brooks suspended one game
The NBA announced Brooks' suspension Sunday about an hour before Phoenix's road game against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Brooks struck an official in the leg with the ball midway through the fourth quarter of the Suns' 108-97 victory over Golden State on Friday night.
Brooks is averaging 8.3 points and 4.1 assists in his last 10 games with the Suns, who acquired him at the trade deadline from Houston in a deal for Goran Dragic and a protected first-round draft pick.
Brooks was voted the NBA's most improved player last season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron misses shootaround; iffy vs. Pacers
- Knicks' Chandler will return, start vs. Bucks
- Harden expects to play despite ankle sprain
- He got name: Allen going with Shuttlesworth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Phoenix Suns Official 2013 Draft Day Adjustable Hat