Aaron Brooks suspended one game
The NBA announced Brooks' suspension Sunday about an hour before Phoenix's road game against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Brooks struck an official in the leg with the ball midway through the fourth quarter of the Suns' 108-97 victory over Golden State on Friday night.
Brooks is averaging 8.3 points and 4.1 assists in his last 10 games with the Suns, who acquired him at the trade deadline from Houston in a deal for Goran Dragic and a protected first-round draft pick.
Brooks was voted the NBA's most improved player last season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Phoenix Suns Purple Sheen Tote