The NBA announced Brooks' suspension Sunday about an hour before Phoenix's road game against the Los Angeles Clippers.
Brooks struck an official in the leg with the ball midway through the fourth quarter of the Suns' 108-97 victory over Golden State on Friday night.
Brooks is averaging 8.3 points and 4.1 assists in his last 10 games with the Suns, who acquired him at the trade deadline from Houston in a deal for Goran Dragic and a protected first-round draft pick.
Brooks was voted the NBA's most improved player last season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clips extend streak to 7 behind Griffin, Paul
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Anthony's 26 pace Knicks in win over Cavs
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Phoenix Suns US Airways Center Signature Stadium Photo
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index