Joe Johnson strains thumb vs. Nets
Johnson did not leave with the team Saturday night for Sunday's game at Cleveland after he suffered a strained right thumb in the Hawks' 98-87 win over the Nets.
Johnson was injured early in the third quarter of Saturday night's game when reaching for a loose ball. He says his hand hit Anthony Morrow's hand, bending his thumb back.
He was escorted to the locker room for X-rays before returning to the bench later in the quarter with ice on his hand.
He had 12 points when he was injured.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Clippers roll by Nuggets for record 57th win
- Griffin, Redick won't travel for Clippers' finale
- Carmelo has small labrum tear in shoulder
- Adelman, Timberwolves facing crossroads
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Joe Johnson Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey