Joe Johnson (thumb) out vs. Cavs
Johnson, who leads the Hawks with an 18.5-point average, was injured in the third quarter of Saturday night's 98-87 win over New Jersey. His thumb was bent back in a collision with the Nets' Anthony Morrow while the two were going for a loose ball.
Hawks coach Larry Drew isn't sure when Johnson, a five-time All Star, will return. X-rays taken Saturday were negative. Johnson did not travel with the team to Cleveland.
Drew said guard Jeff Teague will start in Johnson's place. Atlanta clinched a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference with Saturday's victory.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Brooklyn Nets Joe Johnson Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey