Dwight Howard suspended one game
Howard received a technical Wednesday night against the Charlotte Bobcats and it was upheld by the league Thursday.
Under NBA rules, a player or coach is automatically suspended without pay for one game once he receives his 16th technical foul during a regular season. For every two additional technical fouls received during that regular season, the player or coach receives an automatic one-game suspension.
Howard will sit out Sunday's nationally televised game against the East-leading Chicago Bulls. He served a one-game suspension on March 7 after picking up his 16th technical.
Magic guard Quentin Richardson was also suspended Thursday, receiving a two-game ban for shoving Bobcats guard Gerald Henderson in the face with 8:30 remaining in the fourth quarter Wednesday. Richardson will sit Sunday against the Bulls and Monday at Philadelphia.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Women's Houston Rockets #12 Match Up Grey Fitted Tee