David West has surgery on torn ACL
West has been out since tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament during the Hornets' victory at Utah on March 24 and is not expected to return to the court until next season.
Hornets orthopedist Dr. Scott Montgomery says West has been preparing for surgery since the injury by getting the swelling down.
The Hornets say Tuesday's surgery was performed by Dr. David Altchek in New York and that the typical rehabilitation period is six to eight months.
West has one season remaining on his contract, but could choose to opt out and become a free agent.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder handle Grizzlies to win at home
- Well off pace: Hawks hammer No. 1 Indiana
- Warriors sink Clippers for Game 1 road win
- Spoelstra: No minutes restriction for Wade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New Orleans Pelicans All NBA Grey T-Shirt