David West has surgery on torn ACL
West has been out since tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament during the Hornets' victory at Utah on March 24 and is not expected to return to the court until next season.
Hornets orthopedist Dr. Scott Montgomery says West has been preparing for surgery since the injury by getting the swelling down.
The Hornets say Tuesday's surgery was performed by Dr. David Altchek in New York and that the typical rehabilitation period is six to eight months.
West has one season remaining on his contract, but could choose to opt out and become a free agent.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- New Era New Orleans Pelicans 59Fifty Crescent City Logo Navy Fitted Hat