Raps' Amir Johnson has ankle surgery
The team announced Friday that the operation to repair an instability was performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C. Johnson will do his rehabilitation in Los Angeles.
Soreness in the ankle kept Johnson out of nine games in 2010-11, including the final five of the season. He signed a five-year deal worth $34 million last summer.
He averaged career highs in points (9.6), rebounds (6.4), minutes (25.7) and starts (54) in 2010-11.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
- Knicks blow 23-point lead but pull out win
- Melo: Woodson 'can't worry about' status
- Curry powers Warriors' rally over Mavericks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Highland Mint Toronto Raptors Air Canada Centre Signature Stadium Photo