Raps' Amir Johnson has ankle surgery
The team announced Friday that the operation to repair an instability was performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C. Johnson will do his rehabilitation in Los Angeles.
Soreness in the ankle kept Johnson out of nine games in 2010-11, including the final five of the season. He signed a five-year deal worth $34 million last summer.
He averaged career highs in points (9.6), rebounds (6.4), minutes (25.7) and starts (54) in 2010-11.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.