Raps' Amir Johnson has ankle surgery
The team announced Friday that the operation to repair an instability was performed by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, N.C. Johnson will do his rehabilitation in Los Angeles.
Soreness in the ankle kept Johnson out of nine games in 2010-11, including the final five of the season. He signed a five-year deal worth $34 million last summer.
He averaged career highs in points (9.6), rebounds (6.4), minutes (25.7) and starts (54) in 2010-11.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Heat use late charge, top Bobcats in Game 1
- Duncan, Spurs rally past Mavs in Game 1
- NBA: Refs missed late foul on Clippers' Paul
- After loss, Indy's George wants Teague task
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Toronto Raptors Gold Coin Etched Acrylic