Marvin Williams undergoes back surgery
The outpatient procedure was performed Wednesday at Peachtree Orthopedic Clinics in Atlanta. The team says Williams walked out of the facility on his own and should be able to resume full basketball activities in six to eight weeks.
Williams was slowed by back problems in 2008-09. This season, he missed 11 games after landing hard on his back attempting to make a steal in a December game against the Golden State Warriors.
The 24-year-old averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds while playing less than 29 minutes a game, the lowest total since his rookie season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Sources: Nets' Lopez (foot) done for season
- Randolph, Griz fend off Knicks to end slide
- Bobcats' Taylor lost with ruptured Achilles
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Atlanta Hawks Navy Structured Adjustable Hat