Thunder pick up options on 5 players
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma City Thunder have picked up the option year on the contracts of Serge Ibaka, James Harden, Eric Maynor, Byron Mullens and Cole Aldrich, keeping them all with the franchise for two more seasons.
General manager Sam Presti announced the moves Tuesday, extending the contracts through the 2012-13 season.
For Aldrich, who was a rookie last season, the option is for the third year on his contract. For the other four players, the option year is the fourth and final year on their contracts.
As the No. 3 pick in the 2009 draft, Harden stands to receive the biggest payday at up to $5.8 million under the NBA's pay scale from his rookie season.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.