Rondo let off for Game 6 skirmish
The league said Friday the first-quarter play would stand as a flagrant foul against Rondo. It could have upgraded the foul or even suspended the Celtics' point guard for Game 7 of the series Saturday.
Chicago was leading 34-25 Thursday when Derrick Rose rebounded a missed 3-pointer by Boston's Stephon Marbury with 30 seconds left. That's when Rondo shoved Hinrich into the scorer's table. Hinrich pushed him back and Rondo then threw an elbow that missed.
The league previously declined to further penalize Rondo for his foul on Brad Miller in the closing seconds of Game 5.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Report: Biceps injury to sideline Cavs' Irving
- Warriors edge Blazers on Thompson's late 3
- Davis' 40 points, 21 boards power Pelicans
- Clips down Cavs for 11th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey