Billups assigned to stop Williams
Williams said after shootaround that he considers himself the best point guard in the NBA right now, and he won't get any argument from the Nuggets.
Williams has joined Oscar Robertson (1965), Kevin Johnson (1989) and Magic Johnson (1990) as the only players in NBA history to register at least 20 points and 10 or more assists in each of the first four games of a playoff series.
So, the Nuggets are turning to Billups, who has 137 games of playoff experience and was on one of the eight teams that have overcome 3-1 playoff deficits (Detroit over Orlando in 2003), in hopes he can do a better job of guarding Williams than Arron Afflalo has.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Freshman Parker leaving Duke to enter draft
- Melo on free-agency options: 'I want to win'
- Griffin supports medical marijuana in NBA
- Kobe takes next starring role in documentary
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Deron Williams Swingman Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey