Fisher has sprained right knee
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Lakers guard Derek Fisher has a sprained right knee but is playing against Minnesota in Game 6 of the Western Conference finals.
His availability for Monday night was a game-time decision, Lakers spokesman John Black said. The Lakers lead the best-of-seven series 3-2.
Fisher was hurt in the fourth quarter of Game 5 Saturday in the Lakers' 98-96 loss in which he scored 17 points. Fisher is the Lakers' fifth-leading scorer in the playoffs, averaging 8.1 points.
He aggravated an injury dating to his college days at Arkansas-Little Rock, Black said.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All The Buzz
- Fresh off agreeing to an extension, a sleep-deprived Kemba Walker played the hero -- twice -- for the Hornets.