Evans fined $10,000, assessed flagrant foul
NEW YORK -- Denver forward Reggie Evans was fined $10,000 and assessed a flagrant foul penalty two by the NBA on Monday for his actions during the Nuggets' 100-86 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday.
Evans was cited for "unnecessary and excessive contact" with Clippers center Chris Kaman and had his penalty upgraded from the technical foul that was originally called.
Kaman was assessed a flagrant foul penalty one for his actions after the second-quarter incident, but that was downgraded to a technical foul by the league.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Denver Nuggets Basic Blue Knit Hat