Van Exel ejected after picking up second technical
SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs guard Nick Van Exel was ejected after picking up his second technical foul for arguing with officials with 7:30 left in the second quarter of Tuesday night's playoff game against the Dallas Mavericks.
|Nick Van Exel|
San Antonio Spurs
Van Exel got his first technical with 8:47 left in the quarter, apparently for something crew chief Steve Javie heard him say. Van Exel followed him to midcourt with his palms up asking what he did wrong.
A series of close plays that went against the Spurs followed, including a no-call on a missed 3-pointer by Van Exel that drew contact from his defender. He was tossed soon after.
Both coaches drew technicals in the first four minutes of the game. Dallas led 39-30 following the free throw for Van Exel's second tech.
The Spurs won the opener of the second-round series Sunday.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Snow doubt: Knicks, Nets games called off
- Sources: Mavs confident they'll sign O'Neal
- Kobe recalls desire to play with MJ, Wizards
- Pistons lose Jennings (Achilles) for the year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- College Concepts Women's San Antonio Spurs Team Logo Black Burnout T-shirt