Mavs' Howard starts Game 2 against Suns
Van Horn made his first start since April 14, 2005, in place of Erick Dampier. The move gives Dallas a smaller, more perimeter-oriented lineup to throw at the Phoenix Suns. The Suns won the opener 121-118; Van Horn played 23 minutes, seven more than Dampier.
Howard was a game-time decision because of a bone bruise on his right ankle that knocked him out of Game 1 after only six minutes. He didn't practice Thursday, but tested it on the team's practice court about an hour before tipoff.
As expected, Phoenix started Leandro Barbosa in place of Raja Bell, who injured his calf in the fourth quarter of Game 1.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe, Magic challenge Lakers' management
- Nets withstand Heat in another 1-point win
- Aldridge hurts back in fall; X-rays negative
- Griffin, Clips dump Warriors; streak hits 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Phoenix Suns Goran Dragic #1 Name and Number Orange T-Shirt