Papa John's to offer Cleveland residents 23-cent pizzas
To apologize, Papa John's will sell Cleveland residents a large, one-topping pizza for 23 cents on Thursday. The 23 is an homage to James' jersey number. The company also will donate $10,000 to the Cavaliers Youth Fund.
The pizza chain's T-shirts were featured during the Cavs' games against the Wizards on Friday in Washington. Wizards fans taunted the Cavs, who won the playoff series that night in Game 6.
The shirts started after James complained about hard fouls, and Wizards center Brendan Haywood called him a crybaby.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- James atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
- Heat erase 2nd-half deficit, take down Pacers
- Sources: Lakers no longer shopping Gasol
- C's, 76ers at forefront on Asik deadline day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Cleveland Cavaliers Carpet Tiles