West aggravates back injury, leaves Game 6 vs. Spurs
West, who played with back pain in Game 5, fell to the floor with 10:11 left after being screened from behind by Spurs forward Robert Horry, who was called for an offensive foul. Laying face down on the floor, West put his left arm behind him and rested it on his lower back before going to the locker room.
Hornets coach Byron Scott had said before the game that he thought West and center Tyson Chandler, who has a bruised left foot, would be ready to play. Both started for New Orleans.
West said at the Hornets' morning shootaround that his back was feeling better.
The Hornets had a 3-2 lead in the Western Conference semifinals and were trying to eliminate the defending champion Spurs.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Aldridge scores 43 as Blazers drop Rockets
- Mavs cruise past Spurs to even series 1-1
- Heat hold off pesky Bobcats for 2-0 lead
- Sources: Vogel 'coaching for job' with Pacers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth New Orleans Pelicans climalite Practice Navy T-Shirt