Nets at a glance
Jason Kidd, take your own sweet time rehabbing from that knee injury. Why rush back? Kerry Kittles now runs with the Clips. K-Mart dunks for Denver. Richard Jefferson remains, but in gutting the team to save cash for a move to Brooklyn, new owner Bruce Ratner gutted the Nets' hopes for the immediate future.
Title contention? Fading memory.
|The starters: Not enough left to offset the loss of K-Mart, Kittles and Kidd.|
|PF||Eric Williams||Great locker room influence. Not so much on the court||6|
|SF||Richard Jefferson||Career-high 18.5 ppg -- and rising||8|
|C||Jason Collins||But they're still hoping for a Mourning miracle||6|
|SG||Ron Mercer||Seven teams in eight years tells you something||6|
|PG||Travis Best||Tough gig, replacing the NBA's reigning assists king||6|
|BENCH||Look up "good" in the dictionary. You'll find a pic of Aaron Williams. Find "adequate." You'll see pics of Jacque Vaughn, Zoran Planinic and Brian Scalabrine.||6|
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- KG pulls a Stephenson, blows in West's ear
- Melo out at Portland with lingering sore knee
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.