Preseason prediction: Barbosa for Sixth Man Award
Our experts make their picks for Sixth Man Award.
Editor's note: We asked our panel of NBA experts, "Who will win Sixth Man award?"
1. Leandro Barbosa (6 votes)
Chad Ford, ESPN.com: Super speed and a perpetual green light from Mike D'Antoni make him a favorite to repeat this award.
Jemele Hill, ESPN.com:
He can average 20 off the bench without breaking a sweat.
Keith Lipscomb, ESPN.com Fantasy:
I'm a little worried that Manu's many trips to the deck could limit him to 65 games, which is all the wiggle room Barbosa needs to snatch the award.
Jalen Rose, ESPN: Coming off the bench and averaging 18 ppg is big. Less competition for the award with Ben Gordon starting in Chicago.
Marc Stein, ESPN.com: Ginobili would be the choice if the Spurs didn't limit his minutes in the regular season, because he's the best sixth man in the game. But Barbosa is 1A and the Suns don't limit his regular-season minutes.
David Thorpe, Scouts Inc.: He was the best last year, and I see no changes this season. Good enough to start for 90 percent of the teams in the league.
2. Manu Ginobili (5 votes)
Henry Abbott, ESPN.com's TrueHoop: Will be tough to beat.
John Hollinger, ESPN.com: Biggest threat isn't other sixth men, but potential move back to starting lineup.
Jack Ramsay, ESPN Radio: Who's better off the bench?
Scoop Jackson, ESPN.com: Won't settle for being the third-best player of the best trio in the League.
3. Andres Nocioni (2 votes)
Chris Broussard, ESPN Mag
Chris Palmer, ESPN Mag:
The most physical perimeter defender in the league. Will lead the league in drawing technical fouls. Just plain annoys people.
Boris Diaw (1 vote)
J.A. Adande, ESPN.com: Will have to play "bigger" with Kurt Thomas gone.
Monta Ellis (1 vote)
Kiki Vandeweghe, ESPN: Ellis is my pick if Nelson brings him off the bench. He'll continue to get better in Nelson's system.
Al Harrington (1 vote)
Mark Jackson, ESPN: If he comes off the bench, he can deliver as an explosive scorer. A tough matchup whether at big forward or small forward. He can knock down the 3, put the ball on the floor or post up.
Jason Maxiell (1 vote)
Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com: Wanted to take a flier on Philadelphia's Louis Williams here, but Mad Max will be doing his thing for a contender, which will make the difference.
Bonzi Wells (1 vote)
Ric Bucher, ESPN Mag: A dynamic force in Rick Adelman's offense.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Phil signs on as Knicks president
- Nuggets hand Heat 5th loss in last 6 games
- 76ers drop 19th straight, on cusp of record
- Clips lean on defense to stretch streak to 10
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2007-08 NBA PREDICTIONS
It's finally time to get back on the court and play some ball. ESPN.com experts pick their award winners and teams that will take the titles for the 2007-08 season. • One page look: Team title predictions
• One page look: Individual award predictions
TITLES• Atlantic Division Champs
• Southeast Division Champs
• Central Division Champs
• Southwest Division Champs
• Northwest Division Champs
• Pacific Division Champs
• Eastern Conference Champs
• Western Conference Champs
• NBA Champions
AWARDS• Rookie of the Year
• Defensive Player of the Year
• Sixth Man of the Year
• Most Improved Player
• Coach of the Year
• Most Valuable Player
SPORTSNATION• Vote: Predict major award winners
• Vote: How all the league races will shape up
• Vote: Rank the MVP candidates
Team-by-team preview links
• Vote: Atlanta questions
• Vote: Boston questions
• Vote: Charlotte questions
• Vote: Chicago questions
• Vote: Cleveland questions
• Vote: Detroit questions
• Vote: Dallas questions
• Vote: Denver questions
• Vote: Golden State questions
• Vote: Houston questions
• Vote: Indiana questions
• Vote: LA Clippers questions
• Vote: LA Lakers questions
• Vote: Miami questions
• Vote: Milwaukee questions
• Vote: Minnesota questions
• Vote: Memphis questions
• Vote: New Orleans questions
• Vote: Phoenix questions
• Vote: Portland questions
• Vote: Orlando questions
• Vote: New York questions
• Vote: New Jersey questions
• Vote: Philadelphia questions
• Vote: Sacramento questions
• Vote: San Antonio questions
• Vote: Seattle questions
• Vote: Toronto questions
• Vote: Utah questions
• Vote: Washington questions
- adidas Men's San Antonio Spurs Manu Ginobili #20 Black T-Shirt