Arenas faces up to six months in jail
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Gilbert Arenas, the soon-to-be-former Golden State Warrior, has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor weapons and vehicle charges. Arenas wasn't in the San Mateo County courtroom tuesday as his attorney entered the plea on behalf of the 21-year-old point guard. Arenas faces charges of possessing a concealed weapon and driving without a license. His troubles stem from a traffic stop in South San Francisco on June 4.
Arenas signed an offer to play for the Washington Wizards. The Warriors have until Thursday to match the deal, but aren't expected to do so. A conviction could send him to jail for up to six months.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.