Pistons center expected at training camp
Rebraca, 31, is expected to be with the Pistons when the team begins training camp in early October.
"We are very pleased that everything went according to plan with Zelly's procedure," president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said Thursday in a news release.
The procedure was performed by Dr. Fred Morady at University of Michigan Hospital.
The 7-foot Rebraca had said in the spring that he was considering quitting basketball if the irregular heartbeat could not be corrected.
Rebraca played in 30 games last season, averaging 6.6 points and 3.1 rebounds in 16.3 minutes.
He was named Europe's MVP in 1999 while playing for Benetton in Italy. He also played for Partizan Belgrade and Panathinaikos in Greece. He won one world and two European titles as a Yugoslav national team center.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lakers rule Kobe out for remainder of season
- Melo: Jackson hire won't impact free agency
- Bird on Pacers: 'Not mad; I'm disappointed'
- Source: Jackson to Knicks by end of week
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Detroit Pistons Ultimate Grey Long Sleeve Shirt