Tendinitis sidelines Antawn Jamison
Jamison, acquired last season in a trade with the Washington Wizards, did not take part in the club's annual Wine and Gold scrimmage Friday at the University of Akron. The team gave no other details about Jamison's status other than it "will be updated as appropriate."
With LeBron James gone, Jamison will be counted on to carry more of the Cavs' scoring load this season for new coach Byron Scott. Jamison has traditionally played power forward but Scott has talked about him playing at the small forward position.
The 34-year-old has averaged 19.8 points per game in 12 NBA seasons.
An estimated crowd of more than 4,000 attended the scrimmage, some wearing replica uniforms of past Cavs greats World B. Free and Mark Price.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Pacers get Granger back, but Rockets lose Lin
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Nets' Garnett, Johnson out Friday vs. 76ers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2010-11 NBA Preseason
- adidas Youth Cleveland Cavaliers Primary Logo Burgundy T-Shirt