LeBron James on '40 Under 40' list
MIAMI -- LeBron James is the only athlete named on Fortune's list of this year's "40 Under 40" stars in the business world.
The Miami Heat forward and two-time reigning NBA MVP was ranked No. 20 on the list, which took into account both his earning power on and off the floor (an estimated $42.4 million this year) and the attention he generated during the free-agency process this summer.
James was not on the inaugural version of the list last year. James is also the youngest person on the list; at 25, he's one year younger than Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg, who held the No. 2 spot in the rankings.
Web browser pioneer Marc Andreessen was atop the rankings.
Tiger Woods, who ranked No. 6 a year ago, fell out of this year's rankings entirely.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Lopez has broken bone in foot, out for Nets
- Thunder tame Spurs, take home 9th in row
- Noah regretful but calls Perkins 'angry dude'
- Buzzworthy: Charlotte unveils Hornets logo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Men's Miami Heat Alternate Ultimate Black T-Shirt