LeBron James relates to Brett Favre
"Brett [had] great years here in Green Bay, and any time a great competitor like that leaves, no one wants to see that, but they've done a great job of regrouping with Aaron Rodgers and I believe that Cleveland will do the same," James said.
Favre was traded to the New York Jets in 2008 after the Packers' franchise grew tired of the three-time NFL MVP's offseason indecision. James left Cleveland for Miami as a free agent this offseason in a one-hour TV special dubbed "The Decision."
James scored 38 points in a 118-90 win in his first game back in Cleveland on Thursday night despite intense scrutiny in the days leading up to the game and a rowdy crowd.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Perkins, Noah in testy locker-room squabble
- Short-handed Spurs slip past Curry, Warriors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- Tervis Miami Heat Colossal Wrap Tumbler with Lid