Dwyane Wade expects to play Saturday
The defending champs are trying to three-peat. The Heat Index.
Wade went through the team workout Friday afternoon with no problems. His left knee, which has been bothering him since he collided with Dallas Mavericks point guard Jason Kidd on Monday night, is still swollen and a little stiff but has improved. Wade skipped the Heat's victory over the Suns in Phoenix on Thursday night.
"My plan is to play," Wade said. "I'll continue treatment and therapy but having the luxury of resting [Thursday] ... was beneficial to me playing."
The Heat have won 13 of their past 14 games and are 8-0 in December on the road. Much of it can be attributed to Wade, who is averaging 27.7 points over his past 10 games.
Brian Windhorst covers the Miami Heat for ESPN.com
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.