LeBron James sued by Atlanta nightclub
The Opera nightclub's complaint filed Monday in Fulton County Superior Court says James canceled a March 17 appearance for which he was supposed to be paid $25,000. The suit also names the owners of the rival Gold Room nightclub.
Court papers say a representative for James accepted $15,500 in advance payments from Opera, then notified the club that James would appear at the Gold Room.
Opera nightclub attorney Yasha Heidari says he hoped to settle the dispute. A hearing has been set for Thursday on Opera's request to ban James from making other appearances.
A representative for James did not return a call seeking comment.
Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat LeBron James #6 Black Gametime T-Shirt