Zydrunas Ilgauskas has foot infection
The defending champs are trying to three-peat. The Heat Index.
The 12-year veteran developed an infection in his foot after stepping on a nail at his home last week.
"Hopefully it will clear up," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. "It went through a shoe, a nail he had at his house. It didn't bother him, didn't puncture much of his skin, but got progressively infected worse."
Ilgauksas is listed as day to day and the team hopes he can play Monday night against San Antonio.
The Heat big man logged 25 minutes in Miami's win Thursday night over the Los Angeles Lakers, scoring four points while collecting three rebounds, two steals and a block.
Ilgauskas is averaging 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds per game this season, with a Player Efficiency Rating (PER) of 12.84.
Kevin Arnovitz covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
- Spurs win to snap 6-game skid vs. Rockets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.