Zydrunas Ilgauskas to return to Heat
The defending champs are trying to three-peat. The Heat Index.
Ilgauskas has missed the past eight games and has not played since the Heat's home victory March 10 against the Los Angeles Lakers. The veteran center was hospitalized for three days after he stepped on a nail in his home.
Ilgauskas returned to practice earlier this week and went through another workout with the team Saturday. He has averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds in 62 games, including 47 starts.
Erick Dampier replaced Ilgauskas in the starting lineup last month and is likely to remain the starter.
After coping with injuries all season, the Heat appear to be rounding into shape. Miami could have all 15 players make next week's four-game road trip, which would be the first time the entire team has travelld this season.
Michael Wallace covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe likely out six weeks with injured knee
- Thunder take 8th in row; home mark at 13-0
- Sources: Rockets can't make Asik deal now
- LeBron atop newest list of NBA jersey sales
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Miami Heat Primary Logo Black Long Sleeve Shirt