Dwyane Wade injures tailbone
He remained in the game following a timeout, but wasn't on the floor to begin the third quarter. Mike Miller started at shooting guard in Wade's place.
Wade, who scored 18 points in the first half, returned in the third quarter at the 4:30 mark, replacing Miller
Wade tripped over teammate Juwan Howard while crashing the offensive glass to secure a rebound. Wade immediately fell to the floor, writhing in pain. He eventually got up, holding his pelvic area.
Wade missed four games due to various injuries this season. In 68 games, Wade is averaging 25.6 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.4 assists per game and has posted a Player Efficiency Rating (PER) of 25.4
Kevin Arnovitz covers the NBA for ESPN.com.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Anthony confirms new contract with Knicks
- Sources: Deng joins Heat for 2 years, $20M
- Parsons to join Mavs as Rockets won't match
- Bosh: 'No bitter feelings' on LeBron leaving
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Miami Heat Dwyane Wade #3 Gametime White T-Shirt