Currie gets stitches after fight at track meet
Clemson coach Bob Pollock says the sprinter, who's also a wide receiver for the Tigers, received stitches for multiple cuts after he was hit in the face with a bottle.
Two Florida State athletes were arrested.
Triple jumper Rafeeq Curry was charged with assault with bodily injury, and sprinter Rhoan Sterling was charged with disorderly conduct.
Both athletes were arrested early Sunday in downtown Austin.
Florida State track coach Bob Braman said Willie Johnson, a triple jumper on the Seminoles, was assaulted by a Clemson athlete before Currie's attack.
Braman wouldn't name the athlete -- except to say it was not Currie.
Currie was examined by Clemson medical officials and is expected to be fine for the upcoming football season.
MORE COLLEGE SPORTS HEADLINES
- Missouri AD grateful, regretful in stepping down
- Seahawks' Sherman, Bennett rip 'scam' NCAA
- Van Dyken back in booth after ATV accident
- Wichita St. baseball lands on NCAA probation
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Clemson Tigers Orange Football Practice Legend T-shirt