Broyles, 81, undergoes hip surgery
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles had surgery Friday and was doing well afterward, the university's sports information director said Friday afternoon.
Broyles, 81, had hip replacement surgery at Arkansas Surgical Hospital in North Little Rock.
"He's recovering and doing fine," sports information director Kevin Trainor said. "They're going to have him up walking as early as [Saturday], and he's scheduled to be at this point released on Sunday or Monday."
Trainor said the procedure was minimally invasive, and Broyles was in good spirits.
"They've told him that he could be walking without a limp in as few as 10 days," Trainor said.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE COLLEGE SPORTS HEADLINES
- Penn State crowned volleyball champ again
- CSU-Pueblo drops Minnesota St. for D-II title
- Georgia swim coach reinstated for next meet
- AD Luck exits WVU for new job as NCAA VP
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New World Graphics Men's Arkansas Razorbacks Black 2013 Football Schedule T-shirt